How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Louisville
Security cameras can solely be installed as a warning—a display that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras come outfitted with a number of tools all designed to enable all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these tools enable you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Louisville.
How To Set Up Your Louisville Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
Placing your video surveillance at the perfect locations around your living space is the best place to start with home security.. Interior security cameras should be placed in frequented rooms such as the living room or den. It’s also a good move to set a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to pass to access the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to afford a clear view of your patio, driveway, and backyard, garage, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your front porch with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places around your house that are less important to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, setting a camera in the vicinity can hinder your privacy. You can always add window or motion sensors if you want a form of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Component placement is only the foundation for getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Louisville. The features described below help to elevate security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant notifications on your smart device the instant abnormal motion is sensed. You can also configure cameras to begin filming when movements are detected which will add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your home security cameras to capture footage and save clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with guests with the device. With your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view determines how much a lens can see, and allows for a more exhaustive look at any space. Opt for cameras that have at least 120° coverage or that can pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your video surveillance come with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce clips of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the opportunity to guard single locations within your house.. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your patio and overlook cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send timely notifications when the see something unusual taking place around your property.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Louisville is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system can go from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (502) 251-3133 or complete the form below to get started building your home security and camera system today.