How Will Geofencing In Louisville Work With Home Security?
The latest home security installations are becoming more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to forget to perform simple security duties like activating your home security, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you never had to remember doing these chores in the future? When you implement geofencing in Louisville, you can simply leave the house and have your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Louisville For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter a set distance from your house, which you may customize within your smartphone app. The technology then uses your cell phone to see when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements use to interact with each other. This innovative approach aids your security system by putting all elements onto a single network. You can set up a virtual “fence” on all sides of your home and program particular actions if you move beyond the specified border.
For instance, shortly after you leave your driveway, you could instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
These are some of the devices you can control with geofencing:
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics such as TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home’s security system in Louisville. With the mobile app, you are able to reap the benefits of smart home automation. Just tap your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart devices to operate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to dim to tell you that it's time for bed, or disengage your alarms as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular components activate when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan if a smoke detector is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system senses abnormal activity in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that function in harmony together. Have your lights lower, the A/C go down, and the smart locks engage when the day is done. Or program the system for movie night with specific lighting and thermostat levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm your alarm system if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Louisville
Whether you desire extra reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (502) 251-3133 or complete the form below to start designing your perfect security system.