Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Louisville? Generally, you should consider three major regions of your property for camera installations: your principal entryway, your home’s exterior, and select interior spaces. Although your installation team is able to suggest where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Protect Your Main Entrance
Even though you might find it unlikely that a criminal would attempt to casually walk in the front door, 34% of invasions happen at this passageway. You can also count package thieves among other dangers to consider. A doorbell camera is ideal to handle these possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell surveillance is even more beneficial as you have the ability to converse with all guests who approach and ring the bell. By using your mobile application, like ADT Control, you can reply to each instance with 2-way talk and live feeds and appear to be at home. When a visitor does try to do something questionable, you can have your video doorbell instantly capture footage and deliver it to your mobile phone through a text.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your External Surveillance System
Where to place home security cameras around your property is a more challenging assignment. Thankfully, there are a handful of recommendations to help ensure you’re well protected.
- Cameras at the corners of your Louisville residence offer a large sightline, seeing two sections of your exterior.
- Just below an overhang or into a piece of siding or exterior trim are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be partially obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, because the garage door is a more likely passageway for invaders than you’d think!
- Above a back porch or back door -- or any doorway not visible from the street.
In each of these spots, you should always trim away any overgrown plants or trees that might obstruct your ability to see clearly.
Recommendations To Enjoy The Best Results From Your Indoor Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your residence in Louisville. However, the added adaptability does mean there are more factors to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: While you’ll want to ensure your windows are down and latched, the sunshine that enters via a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Aim the front of your camera away from direct blasts of sunshine to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: Similar to an observation deck, a security camera located in a high place will produce a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras on top of bookshelves or affixed to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your camera will lose its ability to defend your property if anything happens to it. Place your devices where kids and your furry friends aren’t able to interact with them. Consider mounting or other ways to secure them to be certain they don’t crash to the ground if mistakenly jostled.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The best surveillance system won’t do much good if there is a houseplant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items can also serve as a means to hide your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your whole house -- protecting every inch. Simply contact (502) 251-3133 or submit the form below to start your project.